Published: Wed, July 11, 2018
Global | By Marsha Munoz

Dangerous Thai Cave Rescue Resumes: More Already Saved On Monday

Dangerous Thai Cave Rescue Resumes: More Already Saved On Monday

If the rain god helps us, then we may be able to work fast.

He said the extraction effort would likely resume early Monday. "We have to quarantine them for a little while due to fear of infection". There were several concerns that prompted authorities to move forward with the plan to dive the boys out.

Their large, heavy oxygen tanks are also being carried for them by the rescue divers.

"Today was very successful, more than expected", provincial Gov. Narongsak Osatanakorn said Sunday. "Not wise questions to ask", Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha told reporters in Bangkok on Monday morning when asked about the conditions of the four.

The entire operation to get all 12 boys and their football coach out of the cave could take two to four days, depending on weather and water conditions, said Thai army Major General Chalongchai Chaiyakam.

'A flash flood because of sudden heavy rain locked them in'. The Thai authorities have been pumping out water from the cave system ever since locating the missing soccer team, but that wasn't enough to remove all the water. A retired Thai Navy SEAL assisting with the operation died Friday after running out of oxygen, underlining the danger of the rescue.

More news: OnePlus 6 Red release TODAY - Meet the most stunning OnePlus to date

But with oxygen levels inside dropping to risky lows and the prospect of heavy rains flooding the area completely, authorities decided they had to move quickly, and take the group out through the water-filled tunnels.

Officials called the four boys who have already been rescued, "hungry, but happy".

"The water level is not worrisome", he said, the paper reported.

A deluge could overwhelm efforts to lower water levels in the caves - more than 32 million gallons of water were pumped out after the boys were found alive last Monday.

"Our job is not completely done", Osottanakorn said.

Police and military personnel use umbrellas to cover around a stretcher near a helicopter and an ambulance at a military airport in Chiang Rai on July 9, 2018, as rescue operations continue for those still trapped inside the cave in Khun Nam Nang Non Forest. Monsoon flooding blocked off their escape and prevented rescuers from finding them for nearly 10 days. Bancha Duriyapan told a news conference punctuated by applause from the dozens of Thai and foreign journalists and others in attendance.

More news: These are the semi-final matchups at the FIFA World Cup (SCHEDULE)

The rescued kids are now in the hospital, where they should receive the proper care before being released to their families.

Videos showed Musk's team testing the metallic pod in an LA-area high school swimming pool.

All preparations, including replacing the oxygen cylinders positioned along the route out of the cave, take at least 20 hours, he said.

A spokesman for Musk's Boring Co. tunneling unit, which has four engineers at the cave, has said Thai officials requested the device, which could potentially help the children through narrow, flooded cave passageways. However, it is unclear if the device is part of any current rescue plans.

Rescue chief Narongsak on Sunday described their journey out, escorted by the elite divers, as "smooth". "Very courageous and talented people!"

More news: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announce six godparents for Prince Louis

Like this: