Published: Wed, May 16, 2018
Sports | By Brooke Harris

Sam Allardyce sacked as Everton manager after six months in charge

Sam Allardyce sacked as Everton manager after six months in charge

'However, we have made the decision that, as part of our longer-term plan, we will be appointing a new manager this summer and will be commencing this process immediately.

Having then appointed Allardyce in place of Koeman, Watford felt they received assurances that the Toffees would not pursue their former boss as a summer target, and if Silva is to be named as the next manager then Watford are reportedly prepared to explore their options.

But the style of play under the 63-year-old has not been met with universal appeal among Everton fans.

"Sam was brought in at a challenging time last season to provide us with some stability and we are grateful to him for doing that", she added.

More news: Presenting … a Vegan Take on the Royal Wedding Cake!

"I can't quite say confident after all the rumours I'm reading in the paper", said Allardyce, when questioned about his future.

Watford remain angered by Everton's repeated attempts to lure Silva to Goodison Park over a two-month period which unsettled the Portuguese boss and led to a dramatic dip in form on field - after one win was notched in 11 matches.

Everton were the seventh Premier League outfit that Allardyce was in charge of after stints with Bolton Wanderers, Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers, West Ham, Sunderland and Crystal Palace while he had a short spell at the helm of England before leaving in September 2016.

Everton angered Watford earlier in the season, with the Hornets accusing them of making an "unwarranted approach" for Silva while he was manager.

More news: Click It or Ticket enforcement begins next week

But after Everton finished the season in 8th, the club opted for a change of direction.

Rooney had seen his involvement limited under Allardyce, but could be convinced to stay at his boyhood club by a new regime.

"I'm shocked, disappointed and disgusted that the football club didn't have the decency to tell me, my director of football and my staff about the changes", said Allardyce.

More news: Massive dust storm hits Delhi-NCR on Wednesday morning

Like this: