Published: Mon, April 16, 2018
Global | By Marsha Munoz

Two Pakistani soldiers killed in attack on Afghanistan border

Two Pakistani soldiers killed in attack on Afghanistan border

Two Pakistani security personnel were martyred and nine others injured in the clashes.

It bears mentioning that at least two security official were martyred and five others were left injured in an attack from Afghanistan near the border in Lower Kurram, according to Inter-Services Public Relations.

Khost provincial governor spokesman Talib Mangal confirmed the incident, but said two Afghan civilians and four Pakistani troops were killed.

More news: Key victories that carried Man City to Premier League title

A local political official, who asked not to be identified, said that Pakistani security forces had responded on Sunday by opening fire along the border.

Earlier in April, Afghanistan accused Pakistan of conducting the air strikes and firing hundreds of shells in Afghan's eastern border province of Kunar. "Military engagement is underway to defuse situation", the statement said. He claimed that the Afghan forces have also captured Pakistani soldiers, but refused to reveal their number.

Tribal elders reportedly made announcements at several mosques in the nearby areas, appealing tribesmen to join the security personnel on the border. Afghanistan does not recognize it as an global border and has objected to new fortifications being built by Pakistan.

More news: $0.71 EPS Expected for GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) as of April, 25

Local administration told media that the attack was carried out from the Khost province of Afghanistan at the personnel deployed at a post in Laka Tika area of Kurram Agency.

Kabul has long-accused Islamabad of providing safe havens for the Afghan Taliban, which has been waging an insurgency in Afghanistan for more than 16 years. It was further emphasised that cooperation from Afghan side for effective border management was important for preventing cross-border movement of terrorists and militants.

More news: Sydney bushfire deemed 'highly suspicious' as threat eases

Like this: